What does it mean to serve with Campus Compact VISTA?
Members who serve with Campus Compact's AmeriCorps VISTA program spend a year building capacity at host sites all across the country. AmeriCorps members work on projects that support low-income college students, k-12 students, and community members through projects focused on education, food security, basic needs, housing, veterans & military families, environmental stewardship, college access and success, workforce development, and more. Members build capacity for organizations, working behind-the-scenes to expand and improve programs that impact low-income people and lift individuals and communities out of poverty.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA member through Campus Compact, you’ll serve day-to-day at your host site campus but be a part of a nationwide cohort of Compact VISTA members who will gather weekly in a virtual space to grow skills, build community, share and collaborate on our work, and reflect.
Open VISTA Positions
Review position descriptions for available AmeriCorps VISTA positions!
- Capital Community College
- College of DuPage
- Gateway Community College
- Giving DuPage
- James Madison University
- James Madison University - Church World Service
- James Madison University - Habitat for Humanity
- Northern Essex Community College
- National Louis University - Thrive Food Pantry
- Northern Illinois University - Garden
- Roosevelt University
- University of Kansas
- UW Green Bay - Student Engagement Center
- UW Parkside
- William James College
Benefits of service
As an AmeriCorps member, you'll receive:
- Post-service education award of $6,495 or cash stipend of $1,800
- Biweekly living allowance
- Relocation allowance, if moving more than 50 miles
- Two weeks paid personal leave & two weeks paid sick leave
- Basic health coverage
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Ongoing training, support, and professional development
- Childcare benefits for dependents under age 13 (must meet income guidelines)
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for one year after the successful completion of VISTA service
How to Apply
There are a few ways you can get started:
- Visit the My AmeriCorps portal and search for "Campus Compact." This will show you all available positions. Find a good fit, and submit your application!
- Check out our available positions listing to see what's open in the regions and/or focus areas you're interested in. From there, you can click the direct link to apply on the My AmeriCorps portal or reach out to the site supervisor directly.
- Send your resume to email@example.com! Let us know you'd like to serve with us, and we'll get in touch to share more about the program and connect you with a position that's the right fit for you.