What does it mean to serve with Campus Compact VISTA?
Members who serve with Campus Compact's AmeriCorps VISTA program spend a year building capacity at host sites all across the country. AmeriCorps members work on projects that support low-income college students, k-12 students, and community members through projects focused on education, food security, basic needs, housing, veterans & military families, environmental stewardship, college access and success, workforce development, and more. Members build capacity for organizations, working behind-the-scenes to expand and improve programs that impact low-income people and lift individuals and communities out of poverty.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA member through Campus Compact, you’ll serve day-to-day at your host site campus but be a part of a nationwide cohort of Compact VISTA members who will gather weekly in a virtual space to grow skills, build community, share and collaborate on our work, and reflect.
Open VISTA Positions
New position descriptions for available AmeriCorps VISTA positions coming Summer 2023!
Benefits of service
As an AmeriCorps member, you'll receive:
- Post-service education award of $6,895 or cash stipend of $1,800
- Biweekly living allowance
- Relocation allowance, if moving more than 50 miles
- Two weeks paid personal leave & two weeks paid sick leave
- Basic health coverage
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Ongoing training, support, and professional development
- Childcare benefits for dependents under age 13 (must meet income guidelines)
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for one year after the successful completion of VISTA service
How to Apply
There are a few ways you can get started:
- Visit the My AmeriCorps portal and search for "Campus Compact." This will show you all available positions. Find a good fit, and submit your application!
- Check out our available positions listing to see what's open in the regions and/or focus areas you're interested in. From there, you can click the direct link to apply on the My AmeriCorps portal or reach out to the site supervisor directly.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! Let us know you'd like to serve with us, and we'll get in touch to share more about the program and connect you with a position that's the right fit for you.