What does it mean to serve with Campus Compact VISTA?
Members who serve with Campus Compact's AmeriCorps VISTA program spend a year building capacity at host sites all across the country. AmeriCorps members work on projects that support low-income college students, K-12 students, and community members through projects focused on education, food security, basic needs, housing, veterans & military families, environmental stewardship, college access and success, workforce development, and more. Members build capacity for organizations, working behind-the-scenes to expand and improve programs that impact low-income people and lift individuals and communities out of poverty.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA member through Campus Compact, you’ll serve day-to-day at your host site campus but be a part of a nationwide cohort of Compact VISTA members who will gather weekly in a virtual space to grow skills, build community, share and collaborate on our work, and reflect.
Open VISTA Positions
Benefits of Service
As a Campus Compact AmeriCorps member, you'll receive the shared training and professional development you'll need to succeed in your role and beyond. With support from a team of dedicated program staff, near-peer support from VISTA Leaders, and a cohort of other AmeriCorps members placed around the United States, you'll find yourself in a collaborative community with tons of opportunities for learning. As an AmeriCorps member, you'll receive:
- Post-service education award of $7,395.00 or cash stipend of $1,800
- Biweekly living allowance
- Relocation allowance, if moving more than 50 miles
- Two weeks paid personal leave & two weeks paid sick leave
- Basic health coverage
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Ongoing training, support, and professional development
- Childcare benefits for dependents under age 13 (must meet income guidelines)
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for one year after the successful completion of VISTA service
How to Apply
There are a few ways you can get started:
- Visit the My AmeriCorps portal and search for "Campus Compact." This will show you all available positions. Find a good fit, and submit your application!
- Check out our available positions listing to see what's open in the regions and/or focus areas you're interested in. From there, you can click the direct link to apply on the My AmeriCorps portal or reach out to the site supervisor directly.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! Let us know you'd like to serve with us, and we'll get in touch to share more about the program and connect you with a position that's the right fit for you.
Still have questions? Get in touch at email@example.com.