Student Course Learning Goals:
- Students will be able to define poverty and identify the underlying causes and consequences of poverty in the US.
- Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the impact of poverty on people’s lives, particularly in the Cleveland area.
- Students will learn to critically evaluate the effectiveness and fairness of social welfare policies & programs.
- Students will be able to discuss various strategies for reducing poverty, including the programs at Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (LMM)
- Students will work together in research teams and learn how to conduct a program evaluation for LMM