MCW is dedicated to leadership and excellence through Community Engagement and the partnering with public and private organizations to enhance learning, research, patient care and the health of the community. Building on our accomplishments in integrating community engagement across the institution, and in furthering our community engagement mission, we have developed a plan aligned with the Campus Compact model, to:
1) Empower our students, faculty, staff and community partners to co-create mutually beneficial partnerships in pursuit of a just, equitable, and sustainable future for communities beyond campus – nearby and around the world;
2) Prepare our students for lives of engaged citizenship, with the motivation and capacity to deliberate, act and lead in pursuit of the public good;
3) Embrace our responsibilities as place-based institutions, contributing to the health and strength of our communities – economically, socially, environmentally, educationally, and politically;
4) Harness the capacity of our institutions – through research, teaching, partnerships, and institutional practice – to challenge the prevailing social and economic inequalities that threaten our democratic future; and
5) Foster an environment that consistently affirms the centrality of the public purposes of higher education by setting high expectations for members of the campus community to contribute to their achievement.