About the Episode
Eric Mlyn returns to #CompactNationPod to talk with Andrew about the ongoing threat of Trumpism to higher education. Listen in for their reflections on the effect the Trump presidency had on our democracy and the role that higher education leaders might have played by not vocally condemning anti-democratic practices. Plus, we’ve got a lot going on at Campus Compact—hear more about upcoming events you might want to get involved in.
- Fusion Course: Enhancing Online Education through Community-Based Learning: events.compact.org/fusion-spring21
- Fusion Webinar Series: events.compact.org/fusion-webinars
- Civic Action Planning Institute: events.compact.org/cap21
- Engaged Scholars Initiative: compact.org/esi
- Eric’s piece in Inside Higher Ed: insidehighered.com/views/2020/10/01/given-higher-eds-mission-promote-democracy-its-leaders-should-call-out-president
Eric Mlyn is a distinguished faculty fellow at the Kenan Institute for Ethics and a lecturer at the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University. He is the founding director of DukeEngage and led that program until July 2019.
Vice President, Network Leadership