About the Episode
On this episode of #CompactNationPod, Emily talks with three former Campus Compact National Service members: Wendy Jeschke, Karley Ausiello, and Geovanni Almanza Olague. They discuss their experiences with national service and how their years of service impacted their lives and shaped their careers. Plus, in our sparks joy segment, Marisol and Andrew find common ground around sustainable transportation, Emily talks “Life” the game, and Andrew gives a shoutout to all our #GivingTuesday supporters.
- Campus Compact Impact Awards: https://compact.org/impact-awards
- The Craft of Community-Engaged Teaching and Learning: http://bookstore.compact.org/BookDetail.aspx?productID=489697
- Wendy Jeschke served as an AmeriCorps VISTA member through Montana Campus Compact from 2009-2011 at Flathead Valley Community College. She is now the Student Engagement Coordinator at Flathead Valley, where she has worked since her terms.
- Karley Ausiello was the first VISTA to serve with Massachusetts Campus Compact and the one who was the capacity builder for the cohort-based VISTA model that started with MACC VISTA back in 1997. After her term, she worked for 10 years at Massachusetts Campus Compact as Associate Director. She is now the Senior Vice President of Community Impact for United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. She has been at United Way for 12 years and has worked in Community Impact and Volunteer Engagement.
- Geovanni Almanza Olague served as a VISTA member with Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa through Iowa Campus Compact in 2015 and 2016. After serving in the Fulbright program in Brazil, he returned to Iowa to serve as Iowa Campus Compact’s VISTA Leader for two terms. He now lives in Chicago and works as a Legal Administrative Specialist with the Social Security Administration.
Vice President, Network Leadership
Emily J. Shields
Executive Director, Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact