National Service: AmeriCorps Programs
Campus Compact and AmeriCorps are long-term partners in educating citizens and building communities. National service programs, and AmeriCorps in particular, are employed throughout our network to increase the capacity of both colleges and community partner organizations for partnership. Our programs across the country engage students, recent graduates, and community members in advancing the public purposes of higher education in building democracy and alleviating poverty through partnerships.
Campus Compact AmeriCorps Programs Across the Country
Many of the Campus Compact state and regional offices host AmeriCorps VISTA and AmeriCorps State and National programs. Find out more about the programs in your area by clicking the map below or by visiting your local Compact’s website.
States with AmeriCorps VISTA Programs
States with AmeriCorps State/National Programs
States with AmeriCorps VISTA and State/National Programs
AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965, VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years.
Campus Compact VISTA programs focus on building the capacity of campuses and communities to address the root causes of poverty in partnership and through community-based learning. Our state programs:
- Improve college access and success
- Increase college readiness
- Bring community voice to campus
- Build the capacity of higher education institutions to strengthen communities
- Improve service-learning courses that address the root causes of poverty
- Empower students with civic skills to be community advocates
- Develop the skills of VISTA members and students in community organizing, volunteer management, and community partnership development
AmeriCorps State and National supports a wide range of local service programs that engage thousands of Americans in intensive community service each year. We provide grants to a network of local and national organizations and agencies committed to using national service to address critical community needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment.
Campus Compact State/National programs focus ondeploying college student AmeriCorps members who provide coaching and support to first generation and low income K-12 students and families. Our state programs:
- Support youth-focused programming
- Host college application nights
- Assist with FAFSA applications
- Norm the idea of college going
- Implement and expand K12 academic programs that increase attendance and student engagement
- Increase levels of volunteerism among college students
- Develop the skills of AmeriCorps members and students in community organizing, volunteer management, and community partnership development