This knowledge hub provides resources and information for managing risk and ensuring safety in community-engaged learning experiences and campus-community partnerships.
- California State University. Managing Risk in Service-Learning. Center for Community Engagement. Accessed September 17, 2020.
- Campus Compact (2020). Webinar: Risk management in community engagement: Considerations and recommendations in the time of COVID-19.
- Summer 2020 Webinar Series, June 30, 2020. Webinar Slides. Accessed Sept. 17, 2020.
- Gallagher Higher Education Risk Management Team (2020). COVID-19 Response: Risk Management Strategies Bulletin. April 3, 2020. Accessed Sept. 17, 2020.
- Gallagher Higher Education Practice Group (2008). Beyond the classroom: Experiential learning - managing risks, maximizing rewards.
- Joyce, S. A. & Ikeda, E. K. (2001). Serving safely: A risk management resource for college service programs. Guides, 39. Accessed September 17, 2020.
- Reams, P. (2003). Service learning in health care higher education: Risk or not to risk. Educ Health (Abingdon), 16(2): 145-54. doi: 10.1080/1357628031000116835. University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- Risk management resources. Experience Learning: Teaching and Learning Innovation. Accessed Sept. 17, 2020.
- CSU's Resource Guide for Managing Risk in Service Learning (2011). California State University System. Accessed Sept. 17, 2020.
- Risk Management for Community-Based Learning. Center for Community-based Learning, University of Northern Florida. Accessed Sept 17, 2020.
- Risk Management Guide. Office of Community Engagement and Applied Learning, University of North Carolina, Wilmington. Accessed Sept. 17, 2020.
- Service-Learning Acknowledgement of Risk Form. The Carlson Leadership and Public Service Center, University of Washington. Accessed Sept 17, 2020.