By 2021, Widener University will be a leader among metropolitan universities in promoting student transformation and success through: 1. Rigorous academic expectations and high-impact educational practices that support intended learning outcomes. 2. A dynamic campus environment that immerses students in meaningful curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular experiences. 3. A culture of leadership that inspires students, faculty, and staff to have a positive influence on their workplaces, professions, communities, and the world. 4. A diverse university community that champions a culture of respect, civility, and inclusivity. 5. Scholarship by faculty and students that enriches learning and advances knowledge within and across disciplines. 6. Civic engagement that furthers the university’s national and global leadership in educating engaged citizens and in contributing to the vitality and well-being of the communities we serve.
- Create and enhance institutional structures and processes to advance the university’s leadership in civic engagement.
- Increase the scope and impact of curricular and co-curricular civic engagement activities.
- Increase support for developing strategic reciprocal partnerships that enhance student learning through civic engagement.
- Enhance the university’s role as an anchor institution.
7. Institutional agility and innovation that make the university attractive, accessible, and sustainable.