How Does Engaged Scholarship Compare with Traditional (Discovery) Scholarship?
- Bowen, S. J., & Graham, I. D. (2012). From knowledge translation to engaged scholarship: Promoting research relevance and utilization. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 94(1, Supplement 1), S3-S8.
- Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Consortium’s Community Engagement Key Function Committee and the CTSA Community Engagement Workshop Planning Committee (2008). Researchers and their communities: The challenge of meaningful community engagement.
- Furco, A. (2002). A comparison of traditional scholarship and the scholarship of engagement. In Anderson J. & Douglass, J.A. et al, Promoting civic engagement at the University of California: Recommendations from the strategy group on civic and academic engagement (p. 10). Berkeley, CA: Center for Studies in Higher Education.
- Jordan, C. (Ed.). (2007). Community-engaged scholarship review, promotion & tenure package. Peer Review Workgroup, Community-Engaged Scholarship for Health Collaborative, Community-Campus Partnerships for Health. (especially pp. 5-10)
- McDonald, M.A. Powerpoint presentation: Practicing community- engaged research. Duke University.