In March 2016 Pfeiffer's President, Colleen Perry Keith, committed to the Campus Compact 30th Anniversary Action Statement of Presidents and Chancellors affirming Pfeiffer's commitment to the following ideals:
- Commitment One: We empower our students, faculty, staff, and community partners to co-create mutually respectful partnerships in pursuit of a just, equitable, and sustainable future for communities beyond the campus — nearby and around the world.
- Commitment Two: We prepare our students for lives of engaged citizenship, with the motivation and capacity to deliberate, act, and lead in pursuit of the public good.
- Commitment Three: We embrace our responsibilities as place based institutions, contributing to the health and strength of our communities -- economically, socially, environmentally, educationally, and politically.
- Commitment Four: We harness the capacity of our institutions — through research, teaching, partnerships, and institutional practice — to challenge the prevailing social and economic inequalities that threaten our democratic future.
- Commitment Five: We foster an environment that consistently affirms the centrality of the public purposes of higher education by setting high expectations for members of the campus community to contribute to their achievement.
The following Civic Action Plan has been prepared with the input of over 50 Pfeiffer faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community stakeholders. The report represents a comprehensive plan to renew Pfeiffer's commitment to civic engagement and champion servant leadership in our communities.