** Presidents Leadership Summit **
On October 12 & 13, 2010, at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., Campus Compact convened member college and university presidents to collectively plan how to respond to President Obama’s call to action that every child has access to a complete and competitive college education to succeed in the global workplace. More Information
Other resources for member presidents:
- Read A Promising Connection: Increasing College Access and Success through Civic Engagement, Campus Compact’s recently-published new white paper about the potential for community/campus civic engagement to enhance student access to and success in college.
- Access Christine Cress’ presentation summarizing the authors’ findings in A Promising Connection.
- Read and download Five Dimensions of Enhancing Community-Campus Connections for Access and Success, created by Christine Cress.
- Read President DeGioia’s Keynote at the Presidents Summit kick-off dinner on Oct. 12, 2010.
- View Dr. Adam Green of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission’s presentation on Integrating Civic Engagement into State Initiatives.
- View PPT by Montana State University President Waded Cruzado Student Success through Service: Creating Connections with the Community.
- We have also put together a comprehensive list of resources for presidents, which contains not only Campus Compact resources but also resources from other organizations.
Videos & Presentations
Designing & Delivering a Service-Lea
Connect2Complete Resource Guide
Assessing Service-Learning and Civic Eng