Campus Compact, in partnership with the Lang Center for Civic & Social Responsibility at Swarthmore College, is accepting nominations for up to 20 engaged faculty, staff, and administrators to join a virtual collaborative learning and leadership cohort from April 2022 to June 2023. The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2022.
The 2022-2023 cohort will be consist of 20 individuals from Campus Compact member institutions across the country who will meet virtually over the course of a year. The gatherings will include 2 virtual retreats, 2 in-person retreats, monthly virtual meetings, mentorship opportunities, scholarly projects, etc. Gatherings for this cohort will be held virtually and, if possible, in person.
- Call for Nominations Released: January 6, 2022
- Nomination Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Review Process: March 2-March 18, 2022
- Nominees Notified Decision: March 21, 2022
The cost to participate is $1,000 per person. Limited scholarships are available. Participation is limited to active/current Campus Compact members.
- Orientation to ESI – April 20, 2022, 2:30-4 PM Eastern
- Retreat 1 – August 2022 (in-person if possible)
- Retreat 2 – November 2022 (virtual)
- Retreat 3 – February 2023 (virtual)
- Retreat 4 – May/June 2023 (in-person at Swarthmore)
- Monthly virtual meetings – TBD beginning May 2022
Scholars are expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in every aspect of the Initiative, including virtual retreats, bi-monthly virtual meetings, and any individual or small group collaborative or mentoring meetings.
- Complete all required preparation (e.g., pre-readings, assessment, assigned tasks, etc.) and resulting action items.
- Actively communicate with program directors and fellow cohort scholars throughout the experience ensuring the highest level of engagement and collaboration.
- Pursue a scholarly project (individual or collaborative) of their choosing.
- Submit all program reports by the due dates.