Director, Campus Compact for Virginia
Website Campus Compact for Virginia
Campus Compact is a national coalition of more than 1,000 colleges and universities committed to the public purposes of higher education. We are a network comprising a national office and state and regional Campus Compacts. As the only national higher education association dedicated solely to campus-based civic engagement, Campus Compact enables campuses to develop students’ citizenship skills and forge effective community partnerships. Our resources support faculty and staff as they pursue community-based teaching and scholarship in the service of positive change.
Reporting to Campus Compact’s Vice President for Strategy and Operations and based at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA, the Director for Campus Compact for Virginia provides leadership for the engagement efforts of member institutions throughout the Commonwealth. The Director is a point person for members in the state, serving as a place-based facilitator of network gatherings, opportunities for local partnership, professional development offerings, and institution-specific technical assistance. The Director is also a resource for connecting regional work to national efforts and opportunities.
- Works with Regional Advisory Board to develop and implement place-based goals and initiatives
- Establishes collaborative and effective working relationships with a broad and diverse group of leaders across higher education, all levels of government, and community agencies
- Provides regular communications informing member campuses of resources and opportunities
- Provides technical and programmatic support that strengthens community-based learning and scholarship, education for democracy, and institutional engagement at member campuses, including onsite consultations with member campuses
- Oversees the planning and implementation of regional convenings (virtual and in-person)
- Builds the network among member institutions by collecting and distributing best practice information among members and connecting institutions by issue area, affinity group, and other structures for in depth learning
- Recruits new member colleges and universities to the Campus Compact network
- Provides support to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Strategy and Operations in budget development and oversight
- Represents Virginia as part of the national Campus Compact network, including attendance at national meetings, service in network advisory processes, etc.
- Based on skill set, contributes to the achievement of Campus Compact’s national mission.
- Master’s degree required
- Significant relevant professional experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly skilled in building partnerships and relating with diverse constituents – presidents, faculty, students, and heads of governmental and community-based organizations
- Knowledge of or direct experience with higher education engagement or closely related mission-based organizations
- Administrative skills in program organization and implementation
- Ability to contribute to budget development and reporting and to manage budgeted resources effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Computer skills, including web applications and the use of social networking in marketing
- Flexibility to travel; most travel will be within Virginia, with occasional travel to the Campus Compact national office in Boston and to national meetings
- Place-based knowledge and relationships are a plus
- College teaching experience is a plus
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Campus Compact provides a competitive benefits package including a generous vacation policy and a retirement contribution match.
Campus Compact is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization committed to building a more just and equitable future, we value diversity and seek candidates from underrepresented groups.
Campus Compact is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply and to indicate their national service experience in their application materials.
How to Apply:
Please provide in electronic format:
- Letter of interest linking your qualifications and experience to the priorities of the position.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A list of three references (including title, address, telephone number and email). References will not be contacted without permission
Please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials should be submitted before May 19, 2017 for priority consideration.