Application link: https://mc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external/job/Service-Learning-Coordinator--S13111-_R3461?fbclid=IwAR1XFha14aDqaggq8pPZ8JCR2FDPJlYNVMJY71Q4Qi-YiDvYOmrwiNPeqzc
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Service Learning Coordinator in the Office of Student Life. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. This is a Bargaining, non-exempt, grade 25 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
The Service Learning Coordinator (SLC) develops and offers co-curricular service-learning programs for Montgomery College (MC) students including but not limited to service-learning fairs, alternative breaks, service days, semester-long service experiences and facilitates Impact MC, a service-learning leadership program. This position works with faculty to enhance learning opportunities for students outside of the classroom; develops marketing and informational materials that demonstrate how service learning experiences can enhance learning for students; develops community relationships that will foster appropriate placement sites for students to perform their volunteer and service learning experiences. The SLC maintains records of service experiences and provides monthly reports to the Student Life Director and/or Dean of Student.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Identifies and supports faculty interested in including a service-learning component in their curriculum and provide faculty training regarding service-learning.
Supports student life events and programming.
Collaborates with Student Life Staff on identifying and assessing programming needs and initiatives to advance student success.
In collaboration with faculty, develops appropriate service-assignments, evaluations and assessment tools.
Coordinates, designs and implements training necessary for students, staff, faculty and community business and agency supervisors who participate in the Service Learning Program.
Assists faculty to identify useful community resources including locations for site visits, experiential opportunities. Places students in identified sites, maintain communication with the student, faculty and the job site supervisor.
Oversees students participating in service learning activities. Provides ongoing mentorship to students who participate in service learning projects; provide faculty support and serve as a resource person for the Service Learning program.
Distributes and reviews evaluations of students, instructors and agencies. Coordinate research to be used to measure learning as well as success of the program.
Maintains current knowledge of volunteer needs in the community. Work with student leaders to develop and implement service programs available to the MC student body.
Markets the program through presentations, web and social media updates, building student networks, etc.
Maintains service learning website, publications, flyers, and email listservs.
Assists with the organization of meetings, conferences and other events to promote and raise capacity for volunteerism.
Coordinates and implements voting initiatives and programming.
Attends meetings and events as requested by the Director of Student Life and serve as a point of contact for Student Life as needed.
Performs database and records management
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, certification and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Three years of experience in curriculum development, training, coordinating service learning and community service projects.
- Thorough knowledge of service learning, volunteerism, and community engagement.
- Working knowledge of basic computer use including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Participation in service learning projects, community service projects or related programs.
- Service-learning/volunteer experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships, presenting information, multi-tasking, and leadership.
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships between and among diverse groups of people in multicultural environments.
- Ability to develop, facilitate and lead workshops, meetings and training experiences.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize and manage a budget.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master’s Degree
- Experience creating and implementing programs through virtual formats
Hiring Range $25.97 to $33.75 per hour.
Click here to apply online: https://mc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external/job/Service-Learning-Coordinator--S13111-_R3461?fbclid=IwAR1XFha14aDqaggq8pPZ8JCR2FDPJlYNVMJY71Q4Qi-YiDvYOmrwiNPeqzc
This position will be opened until filled.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled