Campus Compact is a national coalition of colleges and universities committed to the public purposes of higher education. As the only national higher education association dedicated solely to higher education civic and community engagement, Campus Compact enables higher education institutions to develop students’ citizenship skills and forge effective community partnerships. Our resources support senior administrators, faculty, staff, and students as they pursue community-based teaching, scholarship, and action in the service of positive change.
The Member Engagement Coordinator position is an opportunity to help build the Campus Compact member engagement strategy through program planning, member support, and communications. The Coordinator has day-to-day responsibility for engaging with Campus Compact members on questions and resources, updating the member database (Salesforce) with member information, and supporting volunteer leadership, member programming, and communications. This position is a nexus point for our membership support and the Coordinator will actively collaborate with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders from across the higher education sector.
Summary of Duties:
- Support membership renewal, recruitment, and new member onboarding activities
- Interact and engage with current and prospective member institutions providing a high-quality experience.
- Assist in the designing, planning and implementation of programs and services such as conferences, workshops, and network convenings.
- Support campus representatives in Compact volunteer leadership roles through orientation, training, and recognition
- Coordinate with financial and administrative staff on membership data and financial tracking
- Maintain accuracy and utility of the membership database by ensuring the database is updated with member contact and organizational changes
- Create, generate and update membership data reports, lists and queries
- Coordinate with Communication staff to support membership-focused communications
- Support Director in scheduling meetings, open houses, and information sessions with members and prospective members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in an office environment, preferably with member engagement and database experience.
- Relevant degree or professional certification, license, and/or credentials.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and a successful track record in setting priorities, task management, problem-solving, and sound decision making
- Demonstrated experience with office technologies and an aptitude to learn new technologies; familiarity with database software strongly preferred.
- Deep personal and professional commitment to equity and inclusion
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Effective collaborator with strong team engagement skills
Recent graduates will be considered if their education and experience show a strong background in working with teams, supporting programming, and technical acumen.
- This is primarily a sedentary position requiring the ability to sit at a desk and use a computer and phone most of the day.
- Minor bending and lifting periodically (mostly related to help with events)
Campus Compact is headquartered in Boston, MA with a national geographically distributed staff. This position is fully remote, with the option of working in the Boston or Chicago office if desired.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000, with the final salary to be determined based on the selected candidate's experience and qualifications. Campus Compact provides a competitive benefits package including a generous vacation policy and a retirement contribution match.
Campus Compact strives to attract and retain a diverse and talented staff who will contribute to the organization’s goals, mission, and vision. We encourage individuals of all ethnic, racial, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply. Campus Compact is committed to increasing the diversity of our national team consistent with the values of our network. Campus Compact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other basis prohibited by law. Please note that Campus Compact is a proud Employer of National Service. We encourage alumni of AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs to apply.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest linking your qualifications and experience to the responsibilities of the position.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Brief statement (roughly 150-200 words) summarizing the significance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in your own personal or professional life
Please include your last name in the file names and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Member Engagement Coordinator”
The position will remain posted until the position is filled. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis after the priority deadline of Friday, August 26.