Grant Making Resources
This section includes resources for the technical aspects of grant making, including samples of RFPs developed by classes, rubrics for evaluating proposals and teaching assignments related to the process.
- Community Needs Assessment: A listing of campus resources, best practices, and more.
- Request for Proposals: Sample RFPs and resources for spreading the word about available funding.
- Proposal Evaluation: Sample site visit protocols, evaluation rubrics and student assignments.
- Awards: Sample award and rejection letters.
- General Resources: General instructional resources drawn from Campus Compact’s syllabus database.
Campus Compact’s student philanthropy programs emphasize the development of long-term partnerships between community-based nonprofits and colleges and universities. Nonprofit leaders are valued educators, offering expertise in issues facing local communities, best practices in grant making, fundraising and nonprofit management. They make time for site visits and class presentations and work with students and faculty to develop service-learning relationships that fully leverage financial and volunteer resources.