Model Syllabi and Syllabi Templates
Please share your syllabi as you develop GSL courses. We will offer them as examples here to support other faculty members’ syllabus development efforts.
- This Global Service-Learning syllabus has been used by numerous institutions and faculty members interested in working from a template to offer a systematic, rigorous, academic space for structured thinking and reflection related to a global service-learning experience. It was originally developed by faculty and staff members cooperating through Amizade Global Service-Learning.
- International and Community Development in Tanzania offers one example of an application of the above template to a 6-credit, summer course experience.
- Stanford University’s Bing Overseas Study Programme in Capetown offers students several different curricular options, including:
- Service, Citizenship and Social Change: Service-Learning in the South African Context, a 5-unit course offered during the Winter 2014 quarter, and
- Targeted Research in Community Health and Development, a 3-unit experience offered during Spring 2014.
- Northwestern University’s Global Engagement Studies Institute shares syllabi for Doing the Theory and Practice of Community Engagement and Development in the Global Context.