Years of international and community development have led to a core insight: community-based insights are essential to strong and sustainable solutions.
- The Asset-Based Community Development Institute at Northwestern University shares systematic strategies for drawing on community strengths to build a stronger, more sustainable future.
- Community Campus Partnerships for Health offers many resources for building the capacity of academic institutions and communities to engage each other in partnerships that balance power, share resources, and work towards systems change.
- The World Bank’s articulation of and rationale for Community-Driven Development.
Community development, social challenges, and solutions are dynamic and continuously evolving. These news sources offer ongoing insights:
- The Guardian UK Poverty Matters Blog
- The New York Times Fixes Blog
- From Poverty to Power blog, written by Oxfam Great Britain’s Head of Research Duncan Green
- The Center for Global Development offers independent research and practical ideas for global prosperity, including a Commitment to Development Index that rates wealthy countries’ performance on development aid, in partnership with Foreign Policy Magazine.