Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference 2015
ERCC 2015 Mail-in regular registration
Moving Us Forward: At the Intersection of Community Engagement and Collective Impact
Fifth Annual Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
October 14-16, 2015, Newark, New Jersey
- Conference Schedule
- Pre-conference Institutes
- Speaker Bios
- Conference Fees
- Transportation and Accommodations
As a vital agent of social change, higher education is integral to creating vibrant, healthy communities in our towns, cities, regions, and our nation. To this end, the 2015 Eastern Region Campus Compact (ERCC) conference will advance our understanding of the intersection of collective impact and community engagement. This conference will highlight emerging theory and practice in place-based collective impact initiatives, moving beyond isolated efforts to conjoin the resources and assets of higher education with those of our communities. ERCC will provide a forum to showcase the strategic engagement of faculty, students and the wider higher education community through engaged scholarship, cross-sector partnerships, service-learning, student research, and volunteer opportunities.
- What innovative ideas are advancing higher education’s community engagement practices?
- In what ways can the collective impact framework inform community engagement strategies and programs in higher education?
- How are place-based consortia involving faculty and students in ways that produce shared benefit?
- How are campuses assessing the effectiveness of such community-engaged scholarship, service-learning courses, partnerships, and community service activities?
Our location will frame our work as this unique conference unites leading voices in higher education leadership, city-wide collective impact consortia, engaged scholars, and community engagement practitioners – all under the “collaborative roof” of Essex County College, New Jersey Institute of Technology, and Rutgers University-Newark.
Join the Conversation
- Saul Petersen, New Jersey Campus Compact, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-335-3668
- Char Gray, Pennsylvania Campus Compact, email@example.com, 717-796-5072
- Laurie Worrall, New York Campus Compact, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-255-2366
Sponsoring Campus Compacts
|Connecticut||Indiana||Michigan||New York||South Carolina|
|Florida||Maryland-DC||New Jersey||Pennsylvania||West Virginia|