2022-2023 Programming & Resources Learn more
Want to know more about the specific events, activities, and initiatives we have planned for this academic year? Check out the recording of our 2022-2023 Programming & Resources Outlook for all the details.
Responsive Programming & Capacity Building
We focus on supporting members when they need it most. From student community engagement and engaged pedagogy strategies to re-imagining partnerships with a focus on equity, we build capacity for positive impact on students and communities.
- Customized technical assistance—access expert staff and learn from the experience of similar institutions nationwide
- Institutional planning support—align institutional and community assets to achieve shared goals for positive change
- Mini-grants—funding to pilot new and emerging programs and initiatives
- Workshops and Coalition Conversations—collaborative learning and action on topics that meet the needs of the moment
- In-person events and conferences—access opportunities for in-person learning and networking
AmeriCorps at Campus Compact Learn more about AmeriCorps
Campus Compact members can harness the power of national service to address critical needs both on and off campus with Campus Compact AmeriCorps programs. AmeriCorps members engage in capacity building and direct service work that mobilizes students, faculty, and staff to tackle pressing challenges. Our AmeriCorps members advance education attainment and social cohesion, health equity, economic mobility, and environmental stewardship in a variety of organizational settings.
Resources you can count on
For decades, we’ve offered practical tools for community-based teaching, campus-community partnership development, and more with ways to exchange resources and ideas. We lift up new voices to bring leading-edge resources to drive your work.
Communities and networks
We intentionally convene and build member communities and networks that create deep connections and capacity for impact.
Join an affinity network Get involved
We are always excited to welcome new members to our affinity networks. If there's a group that meets your needs, you can sign up anytime.
Relationship-centered professional development
Our programs and initiatives support faculty, staff, and administrators across institutions to build skills, capacity for change, and leadership. We offer a wide diversity of programs that foster connections and growth.
- Engaged Scholars Initiative—join engaged faculty and staff in a year-long cohort experience designed to strengthen community-engaged scholarship and leadership on equity-focused change
- National conference—build community and learn from members across the country
- Communities of Practice—join cohorts for shared learning and exchange around key areas of civic and community engagement practice (e.g., community partnership, engaged teaching and learning, assessment and evaluation, place-based strategies, engaged research, equity and inclusion, etc.)
Credentialing Program Learn about credentialing
With the Community Engagement Professional Credentialing Program, practitioners can earn recognition of competency in higher education community engagement. Individuals or whole teams can find a framework for professional development and continuous learning about developing effective, inclusive, and equity-based partnerships and practices. Current learning areas include:
Transformational student experiences
Educating students to be active and informed community members is central to all of our programming. We support students as they develop leadership skills, strategies for engagement, public applications of academic knowledge, and increased civic participation.
- Student summer programs—experiences like the Tyson Summer Internship help students develop skills and partner with communities
- Student Certificate in Community Engagement—coming soon!
Recognition and visibility
We are a professional home for community-engaged institutions, professionals, and faculty. We recognize excellence and advocate for the critical role of higher education in building democracy, the economy, and society.
- Partnerships—leverage resources from local and national organizations through established Campus Compact partnerships
- Advocacy for the critical role of higher education in enabling full participation in the economy, society, and democracy
- Summits for Presidents and Chancellors—cultivate shared goals and collective voice around the public purposes of higher education
Impact Awards Learn about Impact Awards
Recognizing and uplifting outstanding community engagement work done by faculty, community engagement professionals, and institutions.